The Ultimate Green Bowl
IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR!
Well here in Aus it is...
Summer days, along with summer bowls... ooo yeah.
Okay to be honest I'm always keen for a smoothie bowl no matter what the weather but it seems much more appropriate this time of year- am I right?!
This recipe is one of my favourites in terms of flavour and nutrients.
Before we get into the nitty gritty details of this recipe, I would like to share with you a few health benefits from my Ultimate Green Bowl...
1. MANGOES, can help facilitate healthy digestion and also contain fibre, which keeps the digestive tract working efficiently.
2. PARSLY, is amazing for the immune system, fighting inflammation and preventing sickness
3. SPINACH, is an extremely nutrient-rich vegetable. It contains high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron and calcium.
4. CHIA SEEDS, are loaded with fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients.
5. BANANAS, are full of potassium, making them natures happy fruit!
OKAY NOW LETS GET TO IT!
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 Frozen ripe banana
- 1 cup fo frozen mango
- Handful of parsley
- Handful of spinach
- 2 Tbs of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (or any non-dairy milk you like)
Using a high speeds blender, pulse all ingredients in till thick smoothie consistency is formed. You may need to put some elbow grease into this, as we want the bowl to be as thick as possible!
Once you have your smoothie mixture, pour that into a bowl and top with your favourite toppings.
The shack loves this one with...
- Tbs of Goji berries
- Handful of Pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, dried coconut and cashews
- Tbs of Chia seeds
- Tbs of Peanut butter
There you have it! Enjoy this one with as much as we do!